Our Family - November 2006

Our Family - November 2006
Standing: Nate, Lisa, Bill, Kadin, Ben & Alexis. Seated: Jillian, Morgan, Asher, Hailey (holding Mandy), Joel, Whitney, Ashley (holding Samwise). Notice Joel's 8-year-old picture on the wall behind Bill. He's a member of our forever family and never far from our thoughts.

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

El Camino Homecoming 2007!

I admit I have been a TERRIBLE blogger the last couple months. I owe this to the fact that I just began to work full time after 28 years -- quite an adjustment!

On to news...Hailey went to Homecoming a couple weeks ago. She looked beautiful, and I wanted everyone to see how pretty she looked. She turned 16 last April and has gone on several "dates," but this is the first dress-up, prom-type date.


Hailey is pictured here with her date, Spencer Hansen, who she has known since she was a baby! They have gone to school together since preschool.









After having to switch hairdressers at the last minute because the original one was running late, Hailey ended up with a spectacular up-do -- thanks to my former hairdresser Lynne!



Exchanging the corsage and boutonniere.




Here's all the girls in their group.








Here are the lovely couples all together.






And finally...here is Spencer and Hailey at dinner. They went out to Macaroni Grill, which was delicious. After the dance the group came to our house to watch a movie and dad and I made them an early (or late, I suppose) breakfast of crepes. They all had a great time together. They are all really good friends and attend seminary together, except for one of the girls. It's great that Hailey has such a strong group of friends to hang out with.

8 comments:

Orange Peanut said...

Thanks for sharing!!! I love her dress - brown is so very cute! I love seeing that they don't have to get dressed up in sequins and such (sequins were so popular when I was in school and I never did wear one like that to any of my formal dances). Can you believe she is already 16 and driving? You need to get that girl a gps system ;-)

Morgan said...

hailey looks gorgeous! How fun, i wish i could have been there for her first homecoming. Cute dress, and I LOVE her hair!

jillian said...

Aww Hails!

Summer Adams said...

Hey guys! So, I'm catching up on your blog and I have to say...your girls are all so gorgeous!!! They definitely inherited your good looks! What a beautiful family pic. It's been sooo fun having Whit (for a little while) and Morgan here and getting together over this last month. It's great catching up after all these years. I'm glad you're doing well and I still can't get over Hailey and how grown-up she is, although I say that about all your girls. So fun!

Jen said...

So it is so funny how this whole blogging thing has brought so many people together and so many connections have been made. I'm Kevin Nartker's daughter Jenni and ran across your page and remembered how highly my dad spoke of you two. I am also friends with Jared Haas (where I saw your names) and with Summer Adams. It's just such a small world!!!!! Just thought I would say hi =).

Eric and Sierra said...

All your girls are growing up!! I am having a hard time posting a comment on Whit and Ben's and I want to contact them my blog is www.ericandsierra.blogspot.com . It's so fun to see pictures of your family. Merry Christmas Sierra and Eric

B said...

I've been blog surfing... and I have to say that I'm thrilled to have stumbled across yours!!! I can't believe how your family has grown up!!! I remember when your girls were all still little!!! Wow, it's so good to see what you guys are up to! Take Care!

Becky Jones (Neil)

Lulucarrot said...

So do we have to wait until Homecoming 2008 to get a new post:)