Our Family - November 2006

Our Family - November 2006
Standing: Nate, Lisa, Bill, Kadin, Ben & Alexis. Seated: Jillian, Morgan, Asher, Hailey (holding Mandy), Joel, Whitney, Ashley (holding Samwise). Notice Joel's 8-year-old picture on the wall behind Bill. He's a member of our forever family and never far from our thoughts.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I'm an employee!

I did something I've been thinking about for about a year and a half -- I applied for a full-time court reporting job with the Superior Court in Sacramento County -- and got it! I applied on a Friday night via the internet, got a call the next Tuesday for an interview on Friday, went to the interview and then was offered the job the following Wednesday. That was a quick week and a half! I will be starting on August 20th, which is also the first day back to school for Hailey and Alexis. I'm a little nervous about the full-time deal and being an actual employee versus an independent contractor, but it will be fun to do something new and challenging. I always like a good challenge. The money won't be bad either ;). I am finishing up my deposition work next week, and then I have a fun week and a half to enjoy with the entire fam up in Tahoe and in Provo for Ben's graduation. So keep me in your prayers!

5 comments:

whitney said...

yeah mom! congrats on the new job! you'll be fabulous.

Melanie and Will said...

congrats aunt lisa!! that's awesome. you will be great!

Morgan said...

congrats mom! I knew they would take you, you're so good at what you do. You've got some mad typing skills!

Lisa Busath said...

Thanks everyone for the vote of confidence -- I know I'm going to need it!

Lulucarrot said...

Hi there Lisa! I found your blog in a roundabout way from Megan Kanzler! YOu are awesome!